Development update for Demographix User Interface 2018
LONDON UK: The Demographix development team is currently working on a major transformation of the user interface, which will streamline and enhance the survey mangement and building tools in Demographix at no extra cost to users.
"The new interface will give a more modern and up-to-date feel for survey builders and make our system even more intuitive and easier to pick up," said Demographix CEO Derek Cohen. "It will also see new data tools added to assist in compliance with the new GDPR guidelines on personal data being introduced by the European Union in May 2018."
The new User Interface 2018 is scheduled to go into final testing phase by the new year, and be delivered by the end of the first quarter. Customers who would like to be involved in the final testing phase of the project should contact the development team via a Helpdesk ticket.
The bulk of the new project work is in the new survey dashboard and editing interface, both of which are now in their final development phase. Here's some highlights from that new work:
Key New Features of User Interface 2018
- Enhanced survey listings dashboard, allowing users to re-order survey lists by name, dates of creation, publication and first response, internal reference and response levels.
- Easily downloadable Excel files of survey lists (sorted or unsorted) using one-click button.
- Available actions for surveys appearing in easier-to-navigate pop-ups rather than in small print under the survey name.
- A revised "blue ribbon" menu bar that allows easy access to the dashboards for surveys and panels, plus shared resources and account settings menus.
- A simplified interface in Edit mode, with new "hamburger icons" to give easier access to the actions available for individual questions and page properties.
- Drag-and-drop page and question reordering integrated into workspace.
- New PID redaction tool to simplify personal data deletion for forthcoming GDPR regulatory compliance.
Further key new features will be announced nearer launch time.
Take a Sneak Preview of how the new user interface is shaping up
Here's a sneak preview of how the streamlined new survey editing interface is shaping up. Note the new "hamburger icons" for pop-up menus, the simplified layout and iconography, and the survey build process clearly laid out in the three buttons at top right (UPDATE-PREVIEW-PUBLISH). Also, a new "SURVEY FILES NEED UPDATING" alert will be prominently displayed when applicable.
About Demographix: Demographix is the leading UK developer of online research tools, specialising in the publishing, broadcast, health, public, academic and hospitality sectors. The company develops technology compatible with a wide range of browsers and form factors, including tablets and smartphones. Demographix is the registered trademark of Demographix Limited. Demographix is a company partner of the Market Research Society. Company registered in England and Wales No. 4358487. Registered with the ICO No. Z1244335.